Moneyball. Clay and I just finished watching it. I really enjoyed it. There is something about sports movies, especially those based on true events. Of course, it didn't hurt that Brad Pitt was in it! and I really dig Jonah Hill. It was odd seeing him in a serious role, but he still managed to make me laugh.
I liked that it seemed real...that it seemed like the raw, unseen, "dirty" side of baseball, or sports in general. Because it is really is all about the money. I know, I know...the players love the game; they have heart; yada, yada, yada. But when it comes down to it, it's a lot about the money. It was definitely an interesting take on sports movies. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy the typical feel-good, come together and win it all type of movie, too.
Pinterest. This week I completed Day 1 & 2 of the world's easiest workout ever. And began making the ornament from our live tree of 2011. .
On Motherhood. My children amaze me every day. Every single day they bring something new and special into my world. I am beyond blessed to get to be their mother, and I thank God continuously for allowing me this privelege. I am a good mother. I adore my children, and they adore me. And it's because of all these things, that when I get frustrated or lose my patience, it really upsets me. I saw a pin that said "When you begin to lose patience with someone, remember how patient God has been with you." How true this is, and how hard it is to live by. I have two precious, energetic, curious, and bright little girls. I should not let it get to me when they run around in circles at the back of the church before it's time for them to go to their class. But it does, and the reason it does is because it makes me feel like a failure that I can't make these little ones sit down quietly and be still for 20 minutes. Even though my degrees in education tell me that is an unreasonable amount of time for a toddler and preschooler to sit and attend to something above their level. This has been bothering me all day. But tomorrow is another day, and I will try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment